- This event has passed.
International Men’s Day for If U Care Share
18th November 2019 | 14:00 - 18:00Free
Why International Men’s Day?
International Men’s Day is celebrated every November to help break down the stigma around men’s mental health and get men talking about important issues, offering a chance to make a difference to the lives of men and boys around the world.
Your host for the afternoon will be Michelle Rose, who will be introducing our fantastic speakers:
- Nevil Tynemouth – Behaviours, comfort zones and communications
- Ian Farrar
- David Wilkinson – David will take us through the three lessons he learned during his journey of business success and failure, relationship breakdowns, losing balance in his life and what turned it around. As well as giving us the key he says every man needs to get to the level he wants in business, life, mind and body…Without dropping the ball.
- Simon Raybould – Some days the world seems like it’s out to get you. Sometimes you just can’t win. Sometimes you need a little help. This isn’t a how-I-coped presentation nor is it a bad-good-story. It’s bunch of tools designed by behavioural scientists to help you cope when the world, and your computer, seems to hate you!
We’re proud to be supporting the charity If U Care Share, set up when Daniel O’Hare took his own life with no warning. They encourage people to share their problems and not to bury them, focusing on prevention, intervention and support of those bereaved by suicide. All proceeds from the day will go to this worthy cause.
They’ll be sharing the stage with a selection of fantastic charities who all offer support for people in a variety of ways, including:
- Sunderland Samaritans
- UK Men’s Sheds Association – who will be bringing along a selection of handcrafted wooden items to sell to help fund their charity
Sponsors & Supporters
- Elior UK are our official sponsor, providing delicious refreshments throughout the afternoon
- We’re delighted to be supported by Sunderland AFC, who have helped with promotion and have donated a fantastic prize to be auctioned off on the day.
- CitySpace Sunderland are also joining us on the day to offer free health checks and exercise advice
- The fantastic Body Shop are coming along to give free hand massages
14.00 Welcome and networking
14.30 Introduction – Katy Sawyer, Nevil Tynemouth and If U Care Share
14.45 Ian Farrar
15.30 Nevil Tynemouth
16.15 Break – refreshments provided
16.35 David Wilkinson
17.10 Simon Raybould
17.55 Wrap up and thank you
*Agenda subject to slight changes